Friday, December 25, 2009

Thanks to my mother-in-law and pasta salad

People often ask me how to get kids to eat more vegetables. My old answer: bribery and trickery. I'm still working on a better answer, but here is a glimpse of the a side dish we had at grandma's tonight.

With a carrot peeler, I shaved a long carrot (after washing it with hydrogen peroxide/water and scrubbing it.) I enjoyed some of those "noodles" while cutting the rest into small pieces(a chopper works here too.) Then I mixed them into the pasta salad before serving it to the kids. At lunch yesterday I chopped fresh spinach and added it to the lasagna before serving it.

Note that I added these fresh veggies after the rest of the dish was cooked so that they retained all the enzymes, vitamins, and fiber fresh vegetables are great for.

No comments:

Post a Comment